Monday, November 29, 2010

Bush and his book and stuff

Former President George W. Bush is still a big figure in the media these days, and he is very busy. He has a new book coming out called decision points, and his first stop on his tour will be at the Faceboook headquarters in Palo Alto, California. He is also has been on Oprah, the today show and the tonight show. My question that I would like to raise is how he is able to get so much positive attention these days, but when he was in office he was seen as a goofball. Now that he has left office it seems like people like him more, they seem to have forgotten about all the dumb things he did while he was in office for 8 years. Now that he has a book coming out that explains what went down in the white I feel it would be interesting to read and see what he has to say about his time in the White house. I think that he really wants the American people to show him sympathy, we as an audience are very unforgiving.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/11/29/bush.facebook.live.mashable/index.html

3 comments:

  1. Lol I read the same article and posted a minute before you did. I also found it interesting that President Bush has been able to drum up free media and positive news for himself and his book. Although he claims he just wants to make money off the book, I think he is ultimately try to repair his image and ethos. However, his approval ratings were so low and he was such an unpopular president I don’t think a book or two will help him much. I think most Americans will remember him as a unsuccessful and rather dumb president, regardless of reading his book or not. I’m surprised Facebook took the time to have him speak at their headquarters honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog really interested me. I think it's very funny that Bush is coming out with a book. Is that a joke? How ironic that his novel is going to be called, Decision Points. I would hope to think that the American public is done with all his nonsense. However, knowing our culture I'm sure this will and has already become big in the public's eye. I think just like several other past American icons who have made large mistakes, I think this is Bush's way of trying to make a comeback. I believe he wants to leave another impression on the American public and get approval and forgiveness for all his mistakes. I also think this is a publicity stunt for the Republic Party to try and sway viewers toward their side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with each of you. President Bush was a president who recieved so much negative attention and I feel that he newly released book could hopefully boost his credentials with his popularity in the USA. He has already screwed up at the highest form of status so why not try all of the techniques to make him seem "cool". Being a president takes much work and much preasure is applied. Since now he is "regular" citizen I feel that he can touch the public more. When I was young Geroge Sr. seemed like a cool person but I was not old enough to know how he did while he was in office to have a biased against such as my parents. If Bush popularity grows the Republican party grows as well

    ReplyDelete